How to Prevent Cakey Makeup
When makeup is done right, it can have you looking like a glamour-queen. On the other hand, cakey makeup can make a great dent on the fashion you’re trying to make. We want you to be out there looks pretty, that’s why we are going to give you all the tips you need to prevent cakey makeup.
Tips and advice on how to fix and stop cakey makeup
Here’s everything you need to know about preventing cakey makeup:
- Cleanse your face: Cleansing your face from time to time is one of the best ways to getting a smooth skin. And, a smooth skin is the foundation for every great makeup. Sometimes, dry skins can cause cakey makeup. Therefore, you should work towards keeping your face fresh at all times.
- Use a good moisturizer: A good moisturizer helps keep your skin fresh beyond what natural cleansing can do. If you want your skin to retain its very smooth outlook, then you must find the perfect moisturizer for you.
- Select the best foundation formula: Truth is, not every foundation will look great on your skin. Hence, you have to look for something that uniquely works for you and favors your skin type. For instance, going for an oily makeup when you have an oily skin will only make matters worse and lead to a cakey makeup. So don’t do it. Instead, take the time to select the best foundation formula that works for you.
- Pick a shade that’s completely you: Continuing on the same path, you must shift your focus from your skin type to your skin tone. Try your best to pick the perfect shade of makeup for your skin. Cakey makeup can be occurred by choosing the wrong shades of makeup.
You can prevent this by putting a lot of detail into choosing a shade or consulting a professional makeup artist to help you. With the perfect foundation, you won’t be able to tell the difference between the shade and your skin. In short, they should become ‘one’.
- Use the right makeup brush: Getting the right brush also goes a long way in preventing cakey makeup. Bad brushes will smear all over, but the best add striking strokes of glamour to your look.
- Don’t overdo it: Adding too much makeup might just be all – it would take to give your makeup that cakey look. A mini trick here is, try your best to keep it minimal.
You’re already beautiful. The last thing you need is getting yourself a cakey makeup. So focus on only the important parts.
- Let it blend: Sometimes, the only difference between a great or a cakey makeup is the blend. Shabby blends are bad. They leave your face with different shades and many people begin to wonder if it’s Halloween all over again.
Therefore, you need to try your best to achieve the perfect tone and the perfect spread when blending your makeup together.
Put all of these into practice and you will find yourself transforming from cakey makeup to the glamour-queen and everyone will look forward to see you.